My dear friend (and former roomie) Sarah from Shades Of Sarah tagged me in this Beauty Scenarios Tag that's making the rounds. Though I do the occasional beauty post, I'm not a huge beauty-obsessed person (and I'm pretty relaxed), so I'm afraid that my answers aren't dramatic enough. Anyway, here goes. . .
1. You have to get rid of all your foundations and you can only keep one high-end and one drugstore, which do you keep?
The only foundation type products I use are The Face Shop's Power Perfection BB Cream Light Beige and Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder in No. 1. (Though I've tried a zillion drugstore foundation, powders, and BB creams, none of them have done the trick.) So how about I keep the BB cream?
2. You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
Ignore it. Who cares? If she looks in the mirror later, she'll probably think it got smudged onto her teeth after the interview happened.
3. You’re not feeling yourself and need a pick me up. Which lipstick do you put on to make yourself feel beautiful?
I'm a big fan of the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick. I'd choose that over a lipstick because it's lower maintenance than lipstick, which has the potential to smear and make me feel even worse.
4. You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and makeup differently?
I'd probably just do the routine I do now. It took me a while to figure out which products work best for me.
5. You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut, but they hear wrong and give you a pixi cut. Do you a) Smile, say thank you, leave and call your mom hysterical b) Cry in the chair and things get awkward or c) Complain to the manager and demand a refund.
Well, first off, I wouldn't ask for a Pixie Lott hair cut because I don't know who she is. If I want a trim like a celebrity's, I always bring in a picture--I don't expect hairdressers to read my mind or know every celebrity ever. However, if there was a misunderstanding, I'd probably react similarly to option A, since hair grows back and it wouldn't be the end of the world.
6. Your friend surprises you with a 4-day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which ‘do it all’ palette do you pack in your makeup bag?
It's easy for me to travel, because I keep my favorite products all in one little box, so I'd just dump 'em in a box. Right now, I'm using the Revlon ColorStay palette in Moonlit.
7. Your house has been robbed, don’t worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
Ha, they can take it all! The most expensive beauty product I own is the Laura Mercier powder I mentioned above. I'd count myself lucky if only my makeup was stolen. Dumb thief. (Though once I did have all of my makeup stolen from a checked suitcase when I was in high school. I don't check bags anymore. But it served 'em right because I only had cheap drugstore brands back then.)
8. Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it in awful condition. Do you a) Just pretend you haven’t noticed b) Ask them to repurchase it or c) Secretly do the same to something of theirs?
Pretend I didn't notice. Why make a friendship awkward over a $8 beauty product?
Well, now you know how I'd respond to a few first-world problems. Tags are always a bit of fun, even if they're silly. I tag all of you to answer them as well (if you want to)!